Karl's Kathy's Recipes: Lamb Yam Curry Stew
adapted this recipe to her tastes from one she found in a magazine.
In a Dutch oven, heat
over a medium-high heat. Add
and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in
- 2 pounds lean lamb stew meat
and cook another 5 minutes. Stir in
- 3 large onions, coarsly chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 35 minutes.
Uncover, then simmer another 30 minutes.
- 3 14½-ounce cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 large yam or sweet potato, cubed
- 1 15½-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1 14½-ounce can chicken broth (preferably fat-free, low-sodium)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Karl's Home Page
Kathy's Home Page
Copyright © 2002, Karl L. Swartz. All rights reserved.
Karl Swartz <email@example.com>
All trademarks mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.