Re: SJC news

From:         spagiola@my-dejanews.com
Date:         20 May 1998 10:56:43 -0400

Prashanth Kuchibhotla <me@yoyoma.edu> wrote:
> .... The 777s [AA] are getting from Boeing may be less troublesome to
> fly out of SJC than the MD-11s. (I'm assuming that the 777 has a smaller
> required runway length. I'm not sure of the exact takeoff runway length
> required for a full MD-11 vs. a 777-200IGW.)

SJC's runway length was a problem in the early days of MD-11 operations,
forcing a very embarassing stop in Oakland on the SJC-Tokyo "non-stop" flight.
But the runway has long since been extended to allow max gross weight
take-offs by MD-11s.

Stefano Pagiola
--
All opinions are my own.   850 N Randolph Str No.817, Arlington VA 22203, USA
Check out my web site at