Re: Orders for Airliners in 1997

From:         Neason <Rebecca.Neason@foxinternet.net>
Date:         13 Feb 1998 15:18:04 -0500

jf mezei wrote:

> re: other non Boeing/Airbus orders.

> While Fokker may financially be out of the picture, was its order books
> not fairly well furnished at the time the company went bankrupt ? It is
> not possible that it still completed some orders prior to physically
> closing its manufacturing  plant(s) ?

> Come to think of it, what is left of Fokker now ? Does the name still
> exist ? Does it have some maintenance facilities or have they sold that
> to a third party ?

> Are Fokker's assembly plants empty, sold to another company for other
> purposes (building toys/cars/furniture etc) or have they remained in the
> aerospace field, and if so, who now owns them ?

A mildly intoxicated man from the Netherlands confessed to me in Long
Beach, Ca last Nov during an ATA Forum reception: "We are bankrupt you
know."  But it turns out that Fokker Services still exists as a
maintenance and spares source for the Fokker fleet, even though the
aircraft are no longer manufactured.

Steve