Wing section and angle of incidence

From:         dennis.jensen@dwt.csiro.au
Date:         Sat, 28 Feb 1998 22:16:20 GMT

In having a discussion with someone, there are a few points I would like to
clear up.

First, with commercial airliners, does anyone know which airliners have
symmetrical airfoils, what NACA sections are used, and where these NACA
sections can be found.

Second, the wing is set at some angle of incidence to the fuse. Does anyone
know what angles are generally used. Furthermore, does anyone know whether the
AoA sensor measures the AoA of the airfoil, or of the fuse?

I have been having an email disagreement, where this person claims that he has
extensive aviation experience, and that he has seen a 747-400 fly for hours at
zero AoA!!! Furthermore, he claims that the airfoil sections for all airliners
are assymmetric. Please help.

Dennis