Re: Smoke generator

From:         jps2@Ra.MsState.Edu (Jonathan P Smith)
Date:         Fri, 12 Sep 1997 13:31:41 GMT

It might be difficult to find in your area (and I've never used one)
but would the "smudge pot" bee-keepers use work?

Jeff (jvaline@isle.net) wrote:
:
: Mike McDermott wrote:
: >
: > Can anyone tell me/cite references on how to build a 'smoke'
: > generating wand to use in a model wind
: > tunnel to create smoke trails for flow visualisation?
: > I have made a few attempts to vaporise kerosene, oil etc with
: > small electrical heaters
: > in the ends of tubes but after some small fires etc I think I
: > need some expert advice.
: > Mike McDermott
:
: When I was in college, we had a strange little device for generating
: smoke in a very small toy of a tunnel.  It had a very small suction pump
: with a hose and piece of pipe just big enough around to stick a big fat
: cheap cigar in.  You lit up the cigar, stuck it in the pipe, and fired
: up the pump.  I seem to remember the cigar lasting for quite a while.
: Sorry I don't have more details.
:
: --
: