Re: **Questions** on Ground Effect Vehicles

From:         royalty@bcstec.ca.boeing.com (Chuck Royalty)
Date:         Thu, 7 Mar 1996 15:28:29 GMT

In article <rddDnrxGw.9G1@netcom.com>, Lih-Yenn Ong  <l.y.ong@ic.ac.uk> wrote:

>I am trying to read up on Ground Effect Vehicles and would appreciate
>it if someone can point to the relevant journals, papers, books or WWW

I remember reading (maybe within the last year?) an article about
?Russian? development of very large ground effect vehicles for
transoceanic cargo.  Looked a lot like huge airliners, but travelled
in ground effect at speeds slower than jet transports and much faster
than ships.  If no one else has a reference easily at hand, I'll try
to dig it up.

Chuck Royalty
royalty@bcstec.ca.boeing.com