Re: **Questions** on Ground Effect Vehicles

From:         dtmedin@cca.rockwell.com (David T. Medin)
Date:         Thu, 7 Mar 1996 15:27:30 GMT

Smithsonian Air and Space magazine had a very interesting article on
Russian ground effect vehicle research including pictures of the
famous Caspian Sea Monster. The magazine was published in the last two
years--I just took a quick trip to our repository but the issue was
gone so I can't say exactly what the month was.

In article <rddDnrxGw.9G1@netcom.com>, Lih-Yenn Ong <l.y.ong@ic.ac.uk> writes:

> I am trying to read up on Ground Effect Vehicles and would appreciate
> it if someone can point to the relevant journals, papers, books or WWW
> URLs on this topic. Although the concept is sound, why isn't there any
> commercial application?  What are the costs involved in designing such
> a vehicle?  Similar to that of an aircraft?  How would FAA look upon
> the cerfication issue?

       David Medin            Phone: (319) 395-1862
   Rockwell Collins ATD	      Internet:
     Cedar Rapids, IA	   	dtmedin@cca.rockwell.com