**Questions** on Ground Effect Vehicles

From:         Lih-Yenn Ong <l.y.ong@ic.ac.uk>
Date:         Tue, 5 Mar 1996 02:55:43 GMT
Followups:    1 2 3 4 5 6 7

I am trying to read up on Ground Effect Vehicles and would appreciate
it if someone can point to the relevant journals, papers, books or WWW
URLs on this topic. Although the concept is sound, why isn't there any
commercial application?  What are the costs involved in designing such
a vehicle?  Similar to that of an aircraft?  How would FAA look upon
the cerfication issue?

[Moderator's note:  It's hard for me to believe that there's no
commercial application when I "flew" from France to the UK on a
hovercraft in 1976.  British-built, certified by the CAA.  Go down to
Dover and watch them.  MFS]

Thanks in advance.

Lih-Yenn Ong
Research Student
Thermofluids Section
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine
London SW7 2BX
UK

Email : L.Y.ONG@ic.ac.uk