Re: Boeing's Sonic Cruiser - a Boeing stealth aircraft - too shay!

Date:         19 Apr 2001 16:40:15
From:         "Paul Palmer" <pdpalmer@neoc-ma.com>

Malcolm:

Too shay!  Of course, I believe with the right aerodynamic design, other
1960's engines could go supersonic without reheat...North American packed 6
J79's side by side on the XB70, which I believe went sonic without
afterburn?  Anybody?  (Hey, XB-70 Valkyrie: ...canard...delta wing....)

I think those 80s engines had to worry about fuel consumption...too bad!

Paul