Re: Boeing's Sonic Cruiser

Date:         09 Apr 2001 15:36:56
From:         Joe Castleman <jcastle@io.com>

Damon Hill <damon@halcyon.com> wrote:
> Will it fly?  Will the airlines buy?  I hope so!  Commercial
> aircraft design has been SO boring for the past couple of
> decades.

I know there are Rutan airplanes, as well as a Beech aircraft, that look
like this...  I've wondered for years if they would ever apply such a
design to commercial airliners.  I figure that one problem with this is
how to pull the jetway up to the fuselage.  If they move the horizontal
stabilizer (or is it canard?) to the front, it will be in the way.  How
far back on the fuselage could they mount the stabilizer?

--
---
Joe Castleman		--	jcastle@io.com - gyrofrog@gyrofrog.com