Re: Cabin Depressurization

Date:         08 Jan 2000 13:39:10
From:         Peter Coe <pete@speedpick.com>
Followups:    1 2 3

glpilotsrv@aol.com (GLPILOTSRV) writes:
>This is the reason that above 25,000 feet, if one crew member leaves the
>flight deck, the remaining crew member is required to use supplemental
>oxygen. Above 35,000 feet, regardless of number of crew members on the
>flight deck, one crew member must utilize supplemental oxygen.

I presume this is an FAA rule.  I have been in the cockpit a number of times
on British registered aircraft when the plane and crew have met either or
both these criteria, and have never seen the oxygen mask in use.  In fact
I have never seen it available - i.e. sitting next to the seat which makes
me wonder just how quickly it could be put on.