Re: Good 'ole 727

Date:         31 Mar 2000 22:25:45
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>If memory serves me correctly,
>the only really high bypass ratio rear  mounted engines now flying are
>the IAE V2500s on some (all?) of the MD90s.

I don't have the numbers at hand, but I suspect the BR700-series, used
on the 717 (ex-MD-95) and some biz-jets with similar engine configs, is
also a fairly hihg bypass-ratio design.

The L-1011, DC-10, and MD-11 also have high bypass-ratio rear mounted
engines (well, engine, singular), but you clearly were thinking of those
mounted on the sides of the fuselage rather than on the centerline.

  - Andrew A. Rooney