Re: B777-300/B777-300ER???

Date:         04 Jan 99 22:20:44
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>Is there such a model (B777-300IGW)??? I thought that so far, there are
>only 3 variants of the B777??? The -200, -200ER, and the -300???

It would of course be a 777-300ER since Boeing changed the clumsy IGW
suffix to ER, but there's no such model either way, at least not in
Boeing's opinion.  Their web site lists three models:

   model       MGTOW (min - max)
   777-200     506,000 - 545,000
   777-200ER   580,000 - 656,000
   777-300     580,000 - 660,000

It's pretty clear that the base -300 is built around the -200ER as far
as MGTOW and thus wings, engines, and landing gear.  Boeing mentions a
longer-range derivative of the 777-300 as being under study, but so far
the larger 777 has ended up being mainly an intra-Asia aircraft, where
the range of the current -300 is quite sufficient.

  - Andrew A. Rooney