Re: Anodized planes ?

Date:         04 Sep 99 11:38:43
From:         "Huh?" <matt777222@earthlink.net>

>......For other parts, a process called Alodyne is used.  The aluminum is
>chemically etched, and the Alodyne is painted on.  It chemically converts
>the surface and makes it more corrosion resistant.  Alodyne is usually
>gold or greenish in color, and M-D for one used it extensively.......

I'm pretty sure alodine is extensively used throughout the industry.  I've
used it at Boeing and at an Maintenance facility.  Anytime you fabricate a
part or if there is any bare metal showing you must apply alodine, let it
sit for the appropriate time, and then rinse it off.  Let dry, then apply
primer.

--
Matt
Student Pilot