Re: Constellations at Oxnard?

Date:         27 Aug 99 16:25:26
From:         tpearson@chunkstyle.com (Tim Pearson)

Merlin Dorfman <dorfman@netcom13.netcom.com> asks:
> There is nothing in my tour book about an air museum at the
> Oxnard airport.  Does anybody know about these aircraft?

There are two Connies based at Camarillo (near Oxnard) that I
know of, a blue and white 1049 (actually a former USAF C-121C)
and an EC-121T in USAF markings.  Both are active on the airshow
circuit; indeed, I've been aboard both of them.

An Alta Vista search reveals that the C-121C is owned by the
Constellation Historical Society, and the EC-121T by the
Gloabl Aeronautical Foundation.  The latter is described at
http://www.ventura.org/airports/cmabis2.htm as "A historical
flying museum."

There's also an outfit known as Airliners Of America that
operates a Martin 404.  (Anybody seen that new book about
the Martin 202 and 404?)

Here are the addresses and telephone mumbers of all three
organizations:

	Constellation Historical Society
	7702 Woodley Avenue
	Van Nuys, CA 91406
	(805) 484-1403

	Global Aeronautical Foundation
	P.O. Box 2617
	Camarillo, CA 93011
	(805) 529-1748

	Airliners Of America
	P.O. Box 3343
	Camarillo, CA 93011

Regards,
Tim

--
"Every man should own a Browning. The details that follow that
 First Commandment are a matter for doctrinal squabbling and