Re: Singapore Airlines The A340 vs 777 saga continues

Date:         27 Aug 99 03:08:24
From:         Niels@lofgrenspam.demon.co.uk (Niels)

           chuanga@cris.com "H Andrew Chuang" writes:
> Niels Sampath wrote:
> > James Matthew Weber wrote in message ...
> > >It's been reported that the aircraft is currently 6.5 metric tonnes
> > >overweight, which puts it about 400nm short of the range requirement.
> > >The problem may well be worse than that. The A340-500 has a new
> > >engine, the RR Trent 500, and industry experience is that new engines
> > >rarely make fuel guarantees 'out of the box'.
> >
> > You mean `rumoured'  not reported as fact.
>
> So, do you mean Flight International is not credible?  ;-)

> > Meanwhile,  objective reports say that AA, UAL, BA, and CX
> > have all expressed much displeasure at the GE exclusivity deal
> > on the 777X.
>
> Hmmm... Now, you think FI is credible.  ;-)  In the FI report,

`FI'?
H,  despite your little smileys it appears you are trying to
disparage me by comparing/attributing things I haven't said (again).
Note who mentions `FI' above.  Only you.
Express your facts/opinions but please don't create and then
embellish those of others just to shore up your own soapbox.

--
Niels