Re: Singapore Airlines The A340 vs 777 saga continues

Date:         27 Aug 99 03:08:19
From:         H Andrew Chuang <chuanga@cris.com>

Mike Kotas wrote:
> Someone earlier mentioned about who has not taken aircraft deliveries from
> Boeing. First off, Boeing flies a majority of the un-delivered planes too
> Marana Arizona. I don't know what planes down there have been delivered or
> not, but I can tell you this, an ex-Asiana 747-400 was just flown up to
> Everett a few days ago to start being worked on for Air Namibia. Also,
> Boeing is currently storing 2 Korean 777-300's, 2 Saudi 777-200's and a
> Saudi 747-400 in Everett.

The Korean Air's undelivered B777-300s (I believe four in total) is
not because the customer cannot take the aircraft.  It's because
the aircraft/engine has not been certified (or has just completed
certification) due to engine certification problems.  They are
scheduled to be delivered to Korean Air September.