Re: F100s

Date:         27 Aug 99 03:07:59
From:         slenz@aon.at (Siegfried Lenz)

On 16 Aug 99 22:27:58 , "Antoin Daltun" <adaltun@tinet.ie> wrote:
>Bombardier have built an empire on the basis of buying badly run companies
>with good products on which the development money has already been spent and
>buying them cheaply with government support.  I think it is significant that
>(so far as I know) they did not make a serious effort to buy Fokker.

Well, they have the 70-seat Canadair Jet to sell and it wouldn't make
a lot of sense to buy Fokker 50/60 rights as the Dash 8/Qx00 series
seems to be the better overall choice.

Airlines that chose Fokker over Avro still wait to regret the deal,
but maybe it was really too many "small" customers without poor
chances for big orders, as pointed out in another msg in this thread.