Re: F28 Question

Date:         27 Aug 99 03:07:55
From:         Bob Weinheimer <rmweinheimer@worldnet.att.net>

Neville Hodges wrote:
> The "doors" you have mentioned are speed brakes, very effective I might add!
> The Bae-146 shares a similar arrangement.
>
> Some operators actually used them when landing at light weights to allow the
> aircraft to approach with the engines spooled up.

Air Wisconsin used to bring Bae 146s into Charleston.  One day as one
approached I happened to look up and see the "doors" open as it passed
over.  At that point the plane was about 3 miles from touching down,
those who know more than I do about actually flying the things can
estimate the altitude.

--
Bob Weinheimer
Charleston, West Virginia