Re: Convair CV990 "Coronado"

Date:         27 Aug 99 03:07:48
From:         scottp4-remove-this-to-reply@mindspring.com (Scott Peterson)

FilipPC.DeVos@rug.ac.be (Filip De Vos) wrote:
>Can you tell us some more about those fanjet patents? Are you referring to
>GE's aft-fan design? If so, then the 'end-run' of P&W would be to build a
>two-axis powerplant, with the fan in front.

My original source of information was my Father who was an engineer
with them. He started with  Consolidated in 1940 and retired from
General Dynamics in 1976.

There is one major book on the Convair jets that talks about this. But
you've got it right, it was basically switching the location of the
fan.

                         		Scott Peterson

Does virgin wool come from fast sheep?