Re: Boeing naming convention for 777

Date:         16 Aug 99 22:27:57
From:         James Matthew Weber <jmweber@goodnet.com>

At 07:02 PM 8/16/99 +0000, Karl Swartz wrote:
>They're all physically the same.  I had the impression that UA could
>actually swap one for another and twiddle a few bits to give it the
>right thrust level, presumably including some extra payments to Pratt
>and lower life of some components.  That way, if an AOG 767 could get
>a 747-400 engine if that was the only spare available, or vice versa.

According to the PW advertising, all you do is change the FADEC and name
plate, I suspect the same is true of the GE90-76B and -82B and -85B. I
know all the RR RB211-524G and H engines are now identical. They didn't
start that way, but they are now.

James Matthew Weber   (623) 587 7514 .  Fax  (623) 434 7598