Re: F100s

Date:         07 Aug 99 01:22:50
From:         w_keller@gmx.de (Wolfgang Keller)

Joe Pelliccia <jpellicc@abacus.bates.edu> wrote:

> If this is such a hot market that both airframe
> manufacturers feel they have to participate,

And Bombardier, and Fairchild-Dornier...

> how come Fokker's
> F100 didn't sell well when it was the only product in this niche?

It sold quite well, at least for an aircraft made by such a small
company as Fokker. A fine aircraft imho, I definitely preferred the BA
F100 over AF's A320 and LH's 737 when I had to travel Munich-Paris
regularly a few years ago. I also remember some very positive comments
from swissair officials (afaik the launch customer), and Lufthanse and
Crossair really regret that they bought Avro RJs instead of Fokkers.

The problem was iirc that Fokker wasn't able to get the cost below the
price the airlines were willing to pay, and the DASA, who bought Fokker,
didn't manage to do that either so they went bancrupt.

Regards,

--
Wolfgang Keller

Zu Risiken und Nebenwirkungen von Junkmail lesen Sie
de.admin.net-abuse.mail und fragen sie Ihren Postmaster oder Provider