Re: Singapore Airlines The A340 vs 777 saga continues

Date:         07 Aug 99 01:22:34
From:         JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@videotron.ca>

Don Stokes wrote:
> (Oddly enough, www.boeing.com says of the 747-400's altitude capability,
> "34,700 feet (10,580 m) - all versions".  I guess the freighter &
> domestic versions have lower ceilings than the stock long range airliner
> version.)

I sent a message a while back to Boeing about this since I have flown on
a 747 much higher than that. Their response is that this was the INITIAL
CRUISING ALTITUDE.

Therefore, I would greatly appreciate if anyone could provide a
comparison for 777, 340 and 747:
	-initial cruising altitude
	-ideal cruising altitude midway
	-maximum cruising latitude (essentially: pressurisation capability,
	 correct ?)

Without the above data, one is comparing apples and oranges and
comparing altitude capabilities of the 340 vs 777 is pointless with
improper comparisons.