Re: Singapore Airlines The A340 vs 777 saga continues

Date:         23 Jul 99 04:18:20
From:         megazone@megazone.org (MegaZone)

Michael & Iain Butler <mbutler@ihug.co.nz> shaped the electrons to say:
>I can't see how cabin width affects passenger space.  Surely the
>only thing impacting the passenger is seat width and pitch.  Has

1. IF the cabin is narrower the airline may be forced to use a narrower
seat, say 17", to have the same number of seats.  A wider cabin could allow
18" seat widths.

2. Curvature matters if you are sitting against the wall, and it usually
works such that a narrower cabin means a higher floor and thus a greater
curve to the wall.  I'm 6'6" tall, and it makes a LOT of difference to me
if the wall has me bent sideways.

-MZ
--
<URL:mailto:megazone@megazone.org> Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me..