Re: cooncorde expansion

Date:         25 Jun 99 01:33:08
From:         Ken Ishiguro <kenish@earthlink.net>

Paul Schuricht wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how much Concorde lenghtens by in flight due
> to the aerodynamic heating from travelling at Mach 2.2.

I have a video about Concorde, and a pilot talks about this.  It expands
about six inches, and the floor and cabin structures are designed to
accomodate this.  Apparently, during the flight test program, the FE
stuck a binder between the edge of his panel and a bulkhead during
cruise.  Once they landed, the binder was stuck tight, and they had to
wait until the next supersonic flight to get it out.

Ken Ishiguro