Mysterious Boeing Panel

Date:         25 Jun 99 01:32:42 
From: (Tim Pearson)
Organization: Running With Scissors, Inc.
Followups:    1 2 3 4
Next article
View raw article
  or MIME structure

I've noticed that Boeing 707s and 727s have a trapezoid-shaped,
beige-colored fiberglass or plastic panel on the lower aspect
of the right side of the forward fuselage, between the flight
deck and the forward galley service door.  It's shaped like

		/		       |
		|		       |

			Forward --->

What's the purpose of this panel, and why doesn't the 737 have it?

Tim Pearson

"Every man should own a Browning. The details that follow that
 First Commandment are a matter for doctrinal squabbling and
 potential schism." -- Dave Garrett