Re: Oxygen - Concorde

Date:         18 Jun 99 01:39:51
From:         glpilotsrv@aol.com (GLPILOTSRV)

In article <airliners.1999.598@ohare.Chicago.COM>, "John Weiss"
<jrweiss@seanet*NOSPAM*.com> writes:

>The Eros full-face masks for the cockpit crew on the 747-400 also have an
>"Emergency" positive-pressure setting that can be used if necessary.  I
>believe that type of mask is available on other aircraft, too.

The Eros mask has a normal and 100% percent setting. However, above
30,000 feet (I think), the mask will automatically supply 100% oxygen
under positive pressure. At lower altitudes, this option can be selected
or deselected.

All of the corporate jets I have flown over the past 11 years have had
the Eros mask. It is very quick to don and works very well. Wouldn't
want to be at altitude without one.

G. Lee