Re: Concorde's Engines

Date:         18 Jun 99 01:39:27
From:         andyweir <andyweir@compuserve.com>

Message text written by INTERNET:airliners@chicago.com
>Where did you get this from? AFAIK, Concorde doesn't really have a
>problem making it LHR-JFK or JFK-LHR. In the winter, Concorde flies
>direct from LHR - BGI, which is about a 4 hour flight. If it can do
>that, then the 3 to 3½ hours to/from JFK should be no problem.

>I can't recall hearing of a B.A. Concorde recently putting in to BOS on
>the way to JFK

I do recall vaguely a kerfuflle about 18 months ago over a Concorde
declaring a Pan over London because it was short on fuel, as well as
rumours that ATC always gives Concorde a straight-in approach to LHR
because fuel is tight. Am I also right in recalling that Concorde is
exempted from rules regarding its ability to make an alternate airport
to Heathrow? Anyone out there with the facts?

AW.