Re: Triangular Symbols on A-319 ?

Date:         04 Jun 99 00:59:28
From:         Michael Badge <micb@hotmail*nonspam*.com>

Tim Hatfield wrote:
> Recently while on a United flight from Chicago to LAX, a friend of mine
> noticed a simple triangle symbol on each wall of the main cabin.  The
> symbols were repeated further towards the front of the cabin.  Each pair
> was directly opposite each other, but there were no other markings
> (letters, numbers etc.)  The model of aircraft was an Airbus A-319.

The B737-300/400 (and probably others) have a small triangle marker just
below the overhead bins marking the the 3rd row window behind the aft
overwing exit marking the area (I won't tell you exactly where in case
you're tempted to look for it :))where a window is located beneath the
carpet. This window allows the pilots to verify directly that the main
landing gear is down and locked if the indications up the front are not
conclusive. There's another one up the front for the nose gear.
There is a light in the wheel well for night time drama's as well.

I don't know about Airbus though.

Michael.