Re: Tupelov TU-204, Ilyushin Il-114

Date:         04 Jun 99 00:59:15
From:         David Lednicer <dave@amiwest.com>

David Alan Coon wrote:
> Were these aircraft ever produced, or did the breakup of the
> Soviet Union halt their production?

Both are in production, but at a very slow rate.  The Tu-204 has its
Russian certification and several have been delivered to Russian
airlines.  A PW2037 powered version is in the long, drawn out process of
getting FAA certified.  Occasionally, news comes out that another Il-114
has left the production line.  I think I remember hearing that it too
had gotten its Russian certification.