Re: Concorde's Engines

Date:         04 Jun 99 00:59:07
From:         "Cass Alexander" <cassx@bigpond.com>

Bill Herman made the following astute observation regarding Concorde in a
recent posting:

> (SNIP) I thought the F-22 was considered
>to be a great technological achievement because of its ability to fly
beyond
>Mach 1 at military power (no afterburner).  It's hard to believe that a
>plane designed 20+ years prior to the F-22 already had that capability.

which raises the obvious question of why the Brits never contemplated using
it as a look down missile launching platform.

Could it be that at THAT speed and given the state of late '60's
electronics, there was a real possibility that Concorde would simply shoot
itself down  ;)