Re: Concorde's Engines

Date:         04 Jun 99 00:59:01
From:         Pete Finlay <Pete@zzzmeads.demon.co.uk>

Hi Ed;

In article <airliners.1999.588@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Edward Hahn
<ehahn@mitre.org> writes
>As for the Concorde, remember, it's a pretty light plane, only carries
>100 pax, carries lots of fuel in its delta wings, and has four engines
>to move it.  The F-22, of course, only has two engines.  Despite this,
>the Concorde can barely make it across the Atlantic, and sometimes has
>to stop in Boston on the westbound leg to refuel if headwinds or even
>minor delays occur.

Where did you get this from? AFAIK, Concorde doesn't really have a
problem making it LHR-JFK or JFK-LHR. In the winter, Concorde flies
direct from LHR - BGI, which is about a 4 hour flight. If it can do
that, then the 3 to 3½ hours to/from JFK should be no problem.

I can't recall hearing of a B.A. Concorde recently putting in to BOS on
the way to JFK

regards
--
Pete Finlay