Re: 707 window thoughts

Date:         24 May 99 01:52:28
From:         Steve Lacker <no@spam.thanks>

Jim1inDC wrote:
> Recently I sat next to a "missing window" on both a 737-300 and a 747-(200?)
> and could hear, on both, the unmistakable ROAR of air headed from below to the
> overhead air conditioning.  I've noticed that most Boeing (and many Airbus', as
> I recall) have this 'missing window' arrangement, and that it's usually near
> the leading edge of the wing.

I've noticed that many versions of the MD-80 have a single missing
window on the left-hand side near the front  of the coach section.
Coincidentally, this is above the point where the ground AC duct plugs
into the aircraft... ;-)

-- Stephen G. Lacker
slacker at arlut dot utexas dot  edu
sglacker at texas dot net