Re: A330NG

Date:         12 May 99 02:48:39
From:         Marc Schaeffer <marcmsc**@cmdnet.lu>

Benoit wrote:

> > Can the modified A340NG wing be mounted with two big twins, just like it
> > is possible with the A330/40. One could assume so but I can't get
> > confirmation of this anywhere.
>
> What for ? if you increase the capacity you will have two aircraft on one
> market segment (A330NG and A340-200/300) and same for range.

It will be a political decision for Airbus. If airlines will prefer twins to
operate even of 7000nm sectors, the A335 may be the answer. Better sell a twin
than not selling a quad (A343).

> Financially
> speaking it is not very easy to amortize.

Granted.

> I remind you the A340NG are to
> compete with 747,

I never put any doubt on this. All I asked is if an A330NG can be easily
developed from the A340NG.
Marc Schaeffer ---- Luxembourg ---- mailto:marcmsc@cmdnet.lu
The   DE HAVILLAND COMET website:       http://surf.to/comet
The   AIRCRAFT ORDERS    website:      http://surf.to/orders