Re: Books on airline disasters?

Date:         12 May 99 02:48:32
From:         spagiola@my-dejanews.com

David Yeh <dly8b@virginia.edu> wrote:
> Can someone recommend a good book on airline disasters?  I know there are
> a couple out there, but I can't get all of them, so I'm looking to get one
> of the better ones.  I'm mainly interested in modern jet aircraft.

I heartily recommend Macarthur Job's three "Air Disaster" books. Very clear
and detailed examinations of a number of "landmark" air disasters.

The books are arranged basically chronologically, so if you're mainly
interested in more recent crashes, start with number 3 and work back. Each
book has individual chapters on each crash, and each chapter can be read by
itself, so the order you get them in does not matter.

You can order them from World Transport Press or the Airways Collection.

Stefano Pagiola
--
All opinions are my own.
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/2366/self.html