Re: Why no Tristars?

Date:         29 Apr 99 22:10:06
From:         James Matthew Weber <jmweber@goodnet.com>

>BTW: How can the Tristar be L-1011 if the old Constellation was
>L-1049? Do Lockheed model numbers run in reverse?

Two points, Aircraft model numbers are market desiganations, I wouldn't
put a lot of faith in rationality where marketing is involved.

Secondly, the Connie existed in a number of forms. The original is a
749, the most common and early Super is the 1049, however this is a 1249
and even a 1449 which I think was the Starliner (a turbo prop version).
There is however almost a decade between the last Connie be built and
the first l1011. The Electra is L188, which comes long after the Connie!

James Matthew Weber  1 602 315 6520   Fax 1 602 638 1316