Re: Why no Tristars?

Date:         19 Apr 99 02:22:03
From:         "James Liddell" <937904@accglobal.net>

<richard@wretched-z.demon.co.uk> wrote in message <airliners.1999.384@ohare.Chicago.COM> ...
> Sorry if this is an obvious question: I've checked the FAQ and
> it doesn't seem to be there.  The question is: having travelled in the
> US, Europe and Asia, I see plenty of DC10's and older 747's, but I
> never see a Tristar these days.  Why is that?  Did the marque fall
> from commercial favour or dod Lockheed withdraw support....or did they
> just _go_ somewhere?

Oh yeah they went somewhere alright, been bought up by airlines like
AirTransat, AmericanTransAir, AirOps, ect, mostly euro and North American
Charter outfits, some have been converted to freighters. Then of course
there's OSCs Pegasus Launching Vehicle, and the operation blessing flying
hospital. And Delta has been holding on to its fleet. There are some other
airlines out there with em, like TAAG Angola (Ex TAP bird) and InterChile