Re: Why no Tristars?

Date:         19 Apr 99 02:22:02
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>In the US, Delta and TWA are the majors who still operate them.

TWA stopped flying the L-1011 over a year ago.

>Air Canada and Air Transat in Canada also have L-1011's.

Air Canada got rid of theirs a long time ago, though Air Transat was
still flying them last year and may still have them.

>In Europe, I think the only operators left are British Airways (I
>think they still operate them but I may be wrong...at least they did
>at one time!)

Long gone.

>German charter operator LTU also flies them.

Nope, they've been gone for a while.

>Pacific Rim, Cathay Pacific (I think theyve retired theirs by now) and
>All Nippon Airways.

Both are long gone.

>Oh, in the US I think also Hawaiian still has some.

They were replaced by DC-10s leased from American a few years ago.

  - Andrew A. Rooney