Re: Why no Tristars?

Date:         19 Apr 99 02:22:00
From:         "P. Wezeman" <pwezeman@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>

On 6 Apr 1999 richard@wretched-z.demon.co.uk wrote:

> 	Sorry if this is an obvious question: I've checked the FAQ and
> it doesn't seem to be there.  The question is: having travelled in the
> US, Europe and Asia, I see plenty of DC10's and older 747's, but I
> never see a Tristar these days.  Why is that?  Did the marque fall
> from commercial favour or dod Lockheed withdraw support....or did they
> just _go_ somewhere?

	Last year I was driving by the Rochester, Minnesota, airport and
I saw a Tristar land. This was rather a large plane for that airport,
so I got off the highway to get a closer look. By the time I got there
it had taxied to the terminal and a several limousines were taking
the disembarking passengers. The plane was "Saudia", painted in white
and green. I suppose it was bringing people to the Mayo Clinic. Can
those planes fly direct to the middle east from Rochester?

                        Peter Wezeman, anti-social Darwinist

                             "Carpe Cyprinidae"