Re: 747-300 blended wing-body joint

Date:         13 Jan 99 02:13:52
From:         Chuanga@cris.com (H Andrew Chuang)

Sunil Gupta <SunilGupta@erols.com> wrote:
>I noticed something interesting when I was doing some research for a 747
>model.  I found a picture of an Air India 747-300 with the leading edge wing
>to body joint blended as all 747-400's have.  After looking at some more
>photo's I've seen at least one ANA -300 with the blending, but all
>other -300's have the 'classic' style wing to body joint (of course this
>includes KLM's converted -200's)
>
>When did Boeing start making these changes on the 300's?

Someone had asked this question before.  At that time, I didn't know
the answer.  However, after some "research," I noticed that all the
-300s with the -400 wing-body fairings have the CF6-80C2 engine which
are also the engine used on the -400.  However, I don't believe ANA has
any -300.  You must have mistaken ANA's -400D (domestic version that does
not have the winglets but can later be retrofitted for long-haul ops)
with the -300.  THAI and Varig also have this type of 747-300.