Re: 747-300 blended wing-body joint

Date:         13 Jan 99 02:13:51
From:         Sergio Marques <marques@everest.lx.it.pt>

Sunil Gupta wrote:
> I noticed something interesting when I was doing some research for a 747
> model.  I found a picture of an Air India 747-300 with the leading edge wing
> to body joint blended as all 747-400's have.  After looking at some more
> photo's I've seen at least one ANA -300 with the blending, but all
> other -300's have the 'classic' style wing to body joint (of course this
> includes KLM's converted -200's)

How do you know it's a -300?
Boeing made a special version of the 747-400 for ANA. I think they have
the -300 wings on a -400 fuselage and an improved main landing gear to
cope with the high-cycle regime of Japan's domestic short-haul flights.
Since they don't have the wingtips, a lot of people think these aircraft
are 747-300.

Hope this helps!

Sergio