Re: Fuel Dump Question

Date:         17 Mar 99 01:24:44
From:         DOUG VIA <dhvdmr@erols.com>
Followups:    1 2 3 4

Seth Dillon wrote:
> I am not sure what your aviation background is but as one with over 20
> years in the airplane fixing business I can assure you that fuel dumping
> is a rare event.  Far more common is an overweight landing and the
> subsequent inspections required.  Dumping is an expensive proposition
> and is avoided if at all possible.

what about the fuel jettison systems incorperated on many large aicraft
that dump fuel prior to landing?  in order to land without being over
the maximum landing weight, some aircraft jettison fuel overboard into
the atmosphere that all of us humans and animals breath.
   ASK MR. 20 YEAR AIRPLANE FIXER WHY HE CHOSE TO HIDE THAT IN HIS
   LITTLE B.S. LINE ABOUT HOW IT IS SO AVOIDABLE.
large aircraft jettison fuel everyday, many times!!!

  DOUG