Re: Help: Redundant Civil Aircraft Storage

Date:         11 Mar 99 03:54:34
From:         Ken Ishiguro <kenish@earthlink.net>

BAEJS3201 wrote:
> Can anyone tell if you can get out to the aircraft storage in Mojave CA,and is
> the any Convair 880/990's still out there.

Haven't been out to MHV for about 5 years, so I can't say if the
Convairs are still out there.

Until about 10 years ago, you could either drive or fly into MHV and
just stroll around freely.  As MHV became a growing test flight center,
security started getting tighter and you could fly in and stroll around
but it was difficult to drive in.  Then there were incidents of
vandalism to the stored aircraft, and the last time I flew in and
started to walk from my plane to the storage area, the airport manager
drove up in a jeep and politely said that area was off limits.

Ken