Re: C5 Galaxy at SFO?

Date:         11 Mar 99 03:54:28
From:         John Clear <jac@panix.com>

On Wed, Mar 03, 1999 at 10:19:30AM +0000, Greg wrote:
> Last weekend I say a C5 Galaxy circle over San Francisco Bay
> and then align itself to the landing trajectory into San
> Francisco International.  Does anyone know why this military
> airlifter was going there?  I see them near Travis AFB all
> the time, but seeing one go into SFO is a rare sight.

Clinton was in town last weekend, and came into SFO, so it could
have been one of his support planes, although the support planes
are usually C-141s.

Depending on where you were watching from, it also might have been
going into Moffett, since they get C-5s and An-124s pretty regularly
to pick up satellites.

John