Re: Help: Redundant Civil Aircraft Storage

Date:         22 Feb 99 03:30:34
From:         mga707@my-dejanews.com

  "Stephen Gilkes" <S_Gilkes@email.msn.com> wrote:
> The place you're thinking off is the Evergreen Air Centre at Marana (now
> designated the Pinal Air Park) in Arizona. When I was In Arizona last year I
> could see the tails of the planes in the distance from Interstate 10 north
> of Tucson.

There are also commercial aircraft stored at Kingman AZ and Mojave CA, as
well as at Marana.  AFAIK, no public access to either facility, although one
can see most of the aircraft from outside the perimeter.

Side note:  The Davis-Monthan "boneyard" tours are now being handled by the
nearby Pima Air and Space Museum.

Mike