Re: TWA & regular "unscheduled" refuelings in Gander

Date:         08 Feb 99 02:49:29
From:         navion1217@aol.com (Navion1217)

> However, I *am* very curious to know if any other people in
>this newsgroup have heard of this practice, with TWA or other
>airlines

My father used to fly A310's for Pan Am, and they used to do a similar
thing all the time on the London-Detroit flight. They would actually
file their flight plan for Montreal. Then during the flight they would
evaluate their fuel situation and if it was favorable, they would refile
and redispatch for Detroit. Otherwise, they landed at Montreal for fuel.
I'm not sure exactly how often they had to, but the fact that they
routinely filed for Montreal says something.