Re: TWA & regular "unscheduled" refuelings in Gander

Date:         08 Feb 99 02:49:26
From:         brewersnl@aol.comih8spam (BrewersNL)

>From: kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>>TWA NYC-Tel Aviv flights ... The
>>radio was talking about 747s, but perhaps they meant 767s.
>
>TWA has been rapidly shedding 747s over the past year or two.  I'm not
>sure if they're still flying any, but if they are, it won't be for much
>longer.  JFK-TLV probably used a 747 until fairly recently.

TWA no longer flies 747s.  Their last 747 flight was either to or from
TLV (I think, anyway), and the plane was retired just under a year ago
(mid February, 1998).  The lawsuit is because sometimes TWA would put a
747-100 on the route (which does not have the range to go TLV-JFK, with
winds and such) instead of a 747-200 (which could make it).

Join the Milwaukee Brewers e-mail list by sending an e-mail to:
milwbrew-subscribe@egroups.com