Re: Aircraft emissions techie question

Date:         31 Dec 99 02:09:28
From:         "Smurf" <smurf@zajil.net>

> Safety is the primary concern.  Assume an engine is lost at or just
> above V1 (the speed at which you either abort or continue a take-off if
> an engine is lost).  If your remaining engine(s) is only at "85%" (your
> value) you must take the added step of throttling up the remaining
> engine(s) to 100%.

You are wrong my friend, there is no requirement for a crew to increase
power on the remaining engines following an engine failure. The takeoff
weights and speeds are based on the reduced power.

As for V1, while you quoted the regulations, industry is heading towards
having V1 as an action speed and not a decision speed.

bye.