Re: SR111 entertainment system?

Date:         31 Dec 99 02:09:05
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>FWIW -- UA no longer operates the "Airshow" inflight tracking system.

True.

>IMO (and opinion alone) UA feels that there may be enough of a connection to
>warrant this move as a precautionary measure.  Your own conclusions may
>vary.

The facts, according to people I know who work for United, are that the
system was disabled due to overheating of certain components.  It was a
safety measure, but SR 111 had nothing to do with it.  United is every
intention of bringing the system back as soon as possible since it is
very popular.

  - Andrew A. Rooney