Re: B777-300/B777-300ER???

Date:         01 Feb 99 02:37:25
From:         malc@mci2000.com (Malcolm Weir)

On 17 Jan 99 02:37:24 , kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) caused to appear
as if it was written:

>Since most airlines only bought the non-IGW version until they could get
>the IGW, they also tend to have them in distinct blocks.  BA, for example,
>has their 777-236 models as G-ZZZA thru G-ZZZE, while the IGWs are G-VIIA
>up to at least G-VIIM plus, for some reason, G-RAES.

G-RAES used to be G-ZZZN, and G-VIIA used to be G-ZZZF *and* N5002E,
although at least one source shows the -236B's and -236IGW's fairly well
mixed up with the vanilla 236's.

But the reason for the G-RAES registration was, I believe, to commemorate
some kind of anniversary of or award from the Royal Aeronautical
Establishment, the RAE...

Malc.